Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let's play the waiting game! -Sheila

That is the title of a song that the kids and I sing often. Now I am singing it to myself as we wait for dossier approval. We thought that today would be the day.....but alas it was not. God's timing is perfect. The SDA has 20 days to notify us.....but sometimes it takes longer :( So, sometime between now and November 26th we should hear something. Today I had the burn to know. I think I might have driven Matthew crazy asking if he had heard anything. God is teaching me patience....something I should have learned long before now. May God be glorified in the waiting.
A note for prayer. My mom is having surgery on Friday, and I am going down on Thursday evening to be with her. It is out patient, but it is still surgery. Please pray for a successful outcome and a quick recovery. I will try to keep you updated. Thanks for your prayers.
As we wait I am trying to get a jump start on packing and cooking meals for the kids to eat while we are gone. If any of you have any great fix and freeze recipes let me know I would love to use them to stock my freezer. Matthew and I know that it will be tough leaving the kids for such a long period of time. Even though we know that they will be in great hands it is still hard to be away from them for that long. Pray for the children, that they will be obedient and helpful to Matthew's parents. Also pray for strength for them as they care for 4 very active children.
This has been a sweet time for Matthew and I in our marriage. I am so thankful for his love and support. The Lord is gracious to us that when one of us is having a down day the other one is there to help them up. God has given me a great gift in Matthew. One that I treasure. I know that may sound sappy to some, but as we have ridden this roller coaster ride God has used it to draw us even closer to him and to each other. Just another blessing of this journey.
Thanks goes out to a sweet and kind family in Kentucky for their support of our adoption. May the Lord bless them a hundred fold. Continue to pray for finances. We truly trust the Lord to provide. Oh, and how he does!!! Today a dear friend called me and asked if we were still in need of bunk beds and I quickly said "YES!" She said her mom had a set that she was getting rid of and asked if we would like them again I quickly said "YES!!!" Oh, how the Lord provides even in the small details!!! Why do we ever doubt? Lord forgive me when I doubt.
Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement.-Sheila

2 comments:

  1. I have that crazy lasagna recipe, but I'm not sure if you're interested in a recipe that involves eight cups of cheese! Isn't it neat how God orchestrates things so perfectly? I read Doctor Dave from beginning to end and now I understand how to pray for you guys and more of what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you, dear sweet family. :) I know how you feel about leaving the children. I am having a hard time with that. We still do not have anyone to keep them, but I know God is going to take care of them. I can't see it right now, but I know something will come up.

    Praying for your mother and that you will hear from the SDA any day now! :)

    ReplyDelete